This pasta is called 'yummy pasta' because I made it up and my family thinks it's yummy! So that's what we call it! I used red bell peppers in it and I think it looks kind of festive for Valentines Day, so that's why I wanted to share it with you. I must apologize right now because I didn't use exact measurements. I make recipes up all the time and just go with what tastes good. I know it's hard to follow a recipe the first time you make it and it says, "A little bit of______ and a touch of _____" . So basically all I can say is for you to taste it and go with it!
Want to make some Yummy-ness?
Box of wheat pasta...you're favorite kind...I used half penne and half rigatoni
1 red bell pepper..cut into strips
Some grated cheese...whatever you have on hand or your favorite...I used "Kraft Mexican Blend"
1 small Onion
Garlic Olive Oil
1. Boil salted water and cook pasta according to the brand directions
2. Put Garlic olive oil in a pan on medium heat
3. Add diced onions
4. Add red bell pepper
5. Cook veggies to your liking..I added a little salt to them
6. Put a bowl underneath your strainer to catch some pasta water
7. Add veggies to drained pasta
8. Add 2 cups of grated cheese
9. Use about a half a cup of pasta water
10. Mix together
11. The cheese should be melted and covering pasta. There shouldn't be any pasta water lingering. It should be mixed in. It is better to use a little and add in more if you need it. The pasta water acts as like a helping agent to the cheese to make it a sauce. I also added some salt here too...add to your liking..you may also want to add pepper.
On a side note...I added peas since we had some leftover the next day and it was delicious! I would consider adding peas!