Thursday, May 10, 2012
As most of you know, I LOVE PINTEREST! I was cruising around there the other day and came across how to make personalized candles here. I knew I had to try it for Mother's Day/Grandmother's day:)!
The fun thing about this candle is that the "bee" is my son's fingerprint and the pink part of the flowers are my daughter's!
Here's how we made it....
Single Layer of tissue paper
blow dryer or heat embossing gun
1. Cut tissue paper a little smaller than the candle
2. Lay wax paper down and put tissue paper on top.
3. Create your artwork...if using the acrylic paint, make sure to stamp on something else before stamping on the tissue paper because we did not and we created big clumps that took a long time to dry and also tore because they stuck to the wax paper!Argh!
4. Allow your artwork to dry
5. Take the tissue paper and wrap it around the candle.
6. Take a new piece of wax paper and place it around the tissue paper and candle (acting as a smoothing agent for your tissue paper)
7. Hold the wax paper tight and use your heat embossing gun or blow dryer directly on the wax paper
8. You will start to see the tissue paper become clear
9. Once all the tissue paper is clear than you are done....you can smooth out the paper if it looks a little wrinkly.
10. BE CAREFUL BECAUSE IT DOES GET VERY HOT!
You are all done!
Happy Mother's Day weekend to all you Lovely Mothers!