Saturday, August 13, 2011

Two Two Birthday Party!

My son just had his 2nd birthday!  I can't believe it!  Anyways, it was a ton of fun and here are the highlights:)


                                                    The Invitation




                                                        The Entrance















(The shadow of the tree ended up on my husband and son's face:( This is the only pic we have of all four of us from the party. Can you believe it? What a shame:(  )


The Cake Table

              The cake I learned how to make on BettyCrocker.com This was the first shape cake I've ever made and it was fun and quite simple!


The cake pops were a big hit!  Everyone loved them!  They're easy to make too!  I learned on YOUTUBE.  Just go to youtube and type in cakepops.  They're so fun to make!


The Craft


  




The kids painted choo choo trains with their name on it.  I used my cricut machine to cut out each child's name using vinyl lettering.  Then I put their names on the trains.  The kids used sponge brushes and all different colors of paint.  They painted the choo choo and painted over their name too.  Then when the paint dried they peeled off the vinyl lettering and then their name was on the train with the wood grain showing through. It was a big hit!


The Birthday Gift: Train Table


Fun theme and best of all my son LOVED his train table! 


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jill! You've got so much creativity and I'm admiring them all. Can you share your creative posts at my Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever play on the words two too I just love this idea. My grandson would have loved this party at that age. Great job on the cake also.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

These comments make my day! Thank you for taking the time!
Smiles,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...