Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!

I'm sure you've seen all the subway art around in the blogosphere;) Well, I just love it, and I love those personalized birthdate plaque thingys that are on Etsy. So I decided to make my own.  We have a janky old word program on our computer, so when I printed out the subway artish plaque for my dad it wasn't what I wanted it to be. The words were sooo far apart from eachother and I wanted a more cohesive look, so I added lines. I initially drew them on....not good! Then I decided to just slice up black paper and use a Zig 2 way glue pen to attach them randomly.  I loved the look.  Here is the final product!





We had a birthday party for him tonight and he just loved it!  He thought I had it professionally made!  He was shocked when I told him I made it!  How funny!  It was a big hit!  Make one and let me know about it:) I would love to see it!

Enjoy,
J♥





2 comments:

  1. That is great! I love your spin on it. No wonder he was so pleased. I am a new follower from Tatertots and Jello. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete

These comments make my day! Thank you for taking the time!
Smiles,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...